Q and A Panel on Australia's future engagement with the European Union
This Question and Answer (Q&A) Panel, at the University of Melbourne, featured representatives from the European Union, the Australian government, business, industry, civil society and academia. They interrogated the Australia-EU relationship from a variety of perspectives. Members of the audience had the opportunity to ask questions, to which the panel responded and debated. The format of the Q and A Panel facilitated spontaneous interaction and shon a spotlight on Australia-EU engagement.
The panellists were:
- H.E. Dr Michael Pulch, EU Ambassador to Australia
- Ms Alison Burrows, Chief Negotiator for Australia-EU FTA negotiations, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Professor Philomena Murray, School of Social and Political Sciences, The University of Melbourne
- Mr Jason Collins, Chief Executive officer, European Australian Business Council, Chairman, European Business Organisations Worldwide
- Dr Prudence Gordon, General Manager of Trade & Economics, National Farmers Federation
- Ms Reem Mussa, Humanitarian Affairs Advisor, Forced Migration,Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors without Borders
The Q&A was moderated by Dr Isaac Kfir (Australian Strategic Policy Institute).
The Q&A was followed by a Reception (7.30-8.15pm).
A flyer of the Q&A event can be downloaded here.
The Q&A event was recorded by ABC Radio Nation Big Ideas. The recording can be accessed by clicking here.