Faculty of Arts
School of Historical and Philosophical Studies
ARC Kathleen Fitzpatrick Laureate Fellowship
ARC Kathleen Fitzpatrick Laureate Fellowship: Publications
- Damousi, Joy. "The Campaign for Japanese-Australian Children to enter Australia, 1957-1968. A History of Post-War Humanitarianism," Australian Journal of Politics and History 64, no. 2 (2018): 211-26.
- Kandasamy, Niro. "Unravelling Memories of Family Separation Among Sri Lankan Tamils Resettled in Australia, 1983-2000", Immigrants & Minorities 36, no. 2 (2018): 143-60.
- Green, Sarah. "'All Those Stories. All Those Stories.' How Do Bosnian Former Child Refugees Maintain Connections to Bosnia and Community Groups in Australia?" Immigrants & Minorities 36, no. 2 (2018): 161-177.
- Damousi, Joy. "The Greek Civil War, Child Removal and Traumatic Pasts in Australia" in Mason, Robert (ed.,). Legacies of Violence: Rendering the Unspeakable Past in Modern Australia. Berghan Books, 2017
- Damousi, Joy. "Building "healthy happy family units": Aileen Fitzpatrick and reuniting children separated by the Greek Civil War with their families in Australia, 1949-1954," in The History of the Family 2017
- Kandasamy, Niro. "An unequal partnership: resettlement service providers in Australia," in Forced Migration Review 54, 2017, pp. 41-3.
- O'Hanlon, Seamus and Stevens, Rachel. "A Nation of Immigrants or a Nation of Immigrant Cities? The Urban Context of Australian Multiculturalism, 1947-2011." Australian Journal of Politics and History 63, no. 4 (2017): 556-71.
- Damousi, Joy. ""This is against all the British traditions of fair play": Violence against Greeks on the Australian home-front during the First World War," in Walsh, Michael and Vankos, Andrekos (eds.,). Australia and the Great War: Identity, Memory and Mythology. Melbourne: Melbourne University Press, 2016, pp.128-145
- Dellios, Alexandra. "Displaced Persons, Family Separation and the Work Contract in Post-War Australia," in Journal of Australian Studies 40, No. 4, 2016, pp. 418-432
- Kandasamy, Niro; Soldatic, Karen and Samararatne, Dinesha. "Peace, justice and disabled women's advocacy: Tamil women with disabilities in rural post-conflict Sri Lanka," in Medicine, Conflict and Survival, 2016
- Silverstein, Jordana. ""I Am Responsible": Histories of the Intersection of the Guardianship of Unaccompanied Child Refugees and the Australian Border," in Cultural Studies Review 22, No. 2, 2016, pp. 65-89
- Stevens, Rachel. Immigration Policy from 1970 to the present. New York: Routledge, 2016
- Damousi, Joy. "Humanitarianism in the interwar years: How Australians responded to the child refugees of the Armenian genocide and the Greek-Turkish exchange," in History Australia 12, No.1, 2015, pp. 95-115
- Damousi, Joy. Memory and Migration in the Shadow of War: Australia's Greek Immigrants after World War II and the Greek Civil War. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Silverstein, Jordana. Anxious Histories: Narrating the Holocaust in Jewish Communities at the Beginning of the Twenty-First Century. New York: Berghahn Books, 2015
- Jilovsky, Esther, Silverstein, Jordana and Slucki, David (eds.,). In the Shadows of Memory: The Holocaust and the Third Generation. London: Vallentine Mitchell, 2015