Contact us - donations and general enquiries
Professor Colin Nettelbeck
The goal of The University of Melbourne French Trust Fund is to build on the strength and vibrancy of French studies and networks at the University and to enrich and enhance them. The Fund is regulated by University Statute R7.257.
Achieving goals with your help
The goal of The University of Melbourne French Trust Fund is to build on the strength and vibrancy of French studies and networks at the University and to enrich and enhance them, through the provision of opportunities that we cannot presently offer, or can only do so in a limited way. With your gift, we believe that the implementation of these initiatives will make French Studies at Melbourne a centre of true international excellence. It is intended that the Fund will, for example,
- support exchange opportunities for members of staff and for students enrolled in research degrees
- provide support for post-doctoral fellowships in French related areas
- support an increase in academic and other visitors from France
- encourage research initiatives that will promote French-Australian relations
- support French related seminars, conferences, special lectures and lecture series
If you choose to support the French Trust Fund, as well as assisting the advancement of the University's teaching and research links with France, you will receive invitations to regular public events and lectures on French related themes at the University of Melbourne as well as annual reports of the French Trust Fund's activities. Donors contributing $1000 and above will become members of the University's Chancellor's Circle.
Please note that at the discretion of the University Council both the capital and income of the University of Melbourne French Trust Fund may be applied without restriction for the purposes of the Fund.
More information can be found on the Faculty of Arts The University of Melbourne French Trust Fund web page.