Faculty of Arts
School of Social and Political Sciences
On Culture, Power & Practice
- 2017 Minnegal, M. & Dwyer P.D. Navigating the future: an ethnography of change in Papua New Guinea Canberra: ANU Press.
- 2017 Hage, G. Is racism an environmental threat? London: Polity Press.
- 2017 Klein, E., & Altman, J. "Accomplished, demolished but not forgotten, yet: Lessons from a basic income program for Indigenous Australians". In Oxford Development Studies (forthcoming).
- 2017 Klein, E. Developing minds: Psychology, neoliberalism, power. Oxford: Routledge.
- 2017 Kohn, T., & Chenhall, R. "Being in sound: Reflections on recording while practising Aikido and Shakuhachi". In Collaborative Intimacies in Music and Dance, edited by E. Chrysagis & P.Karampampas, P. Oxford: Berghahn Books.
- 2017 Dawson A. ‘Driven to sanity: an ethnographic critique of the senses in automobilities’ The Australian Journal of Anthropology, 28(1).
- 2017 Dalley, C. ‘Modernising personhood? The impacts of educating remote living Aboriginal students away from home’ In F. Merlan and D. Austin-Broos (eds) People and Change in Indigenous Australia. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press
- 2016 Alexeyeff, K., & J. Taylor (eds).Touring Pacific Cultures. Canberra: ANU-Press.
- 2016 Fitz-Henry, E. The limits of the Carnivalesque: Silence as a mode of protest in the Global South. Liminalities: A Journal of Performance Studies, 12 (3).
- 2016 Klein, E. “Neoliberal subjectivities and the behavioural focus in income management”. Australian Journal of Social Issues, 51(4): 503-523.
- 2016 McCann, H. “Epistemology of the Subject: Queer Theory’s Challenge to Feminist Sociology.” WSQ, 44(3&4): 224-243.
- 2016 Perez Hazel, Y. ‘Ajeno Siempre Será: The Spectacle of (Un)Making Dominican/Haitian Identity’ in Memorias: Revista digital de historia y Arqueologia desde el Caribe, 28:136-166.
- 2016 Perez Hazel, Y., Tobar, C. et. al. 'Storycircles, A Group Case Study: Motives, Methods and Takeaways from Group Interviews.' InContext 1: 23-48.
- 2016 Dawson A. ‘Why Marx was a bad driver’ Advances in Anthropology, 7(1).
- 2016 Hoang, L.A. ‘Vietnamese migrant networks in Taiwan: The curse and boon of social capital’ Ethnic and Racial Studies 39 (4):690-707.
- 2016 Hoang, L.A. ‘Moral dilemmas of transnational migration: Vietnamese women in Taiwan’ Gender & Society 30 (6):890-911.
- 2016 Hoang, L.A.& Yeoh, B. ‘“I’d do it for love or for money”: Vietnamese women in Taiwan and the social construction of female migrant sexuality’ Gender, Place and Culture 22 (5):591-607
- 2015 Perez Hazel, Y. ‘Whiteness in Paradise: Japanese Immigrant Narratives of Identity, Collective Action and Japan’s National Responsibility’ in Asian Ethnicity Journal.
- 2015 Hage, G. Alter-Politics: Critical Anthropology and the Radical Imagination. Melbourne: University of Melbourne Press.
- 2015 Fitz-Henry, E. US military bases and anti-military Organizing: An ethnography of an Air Force base in Ecuador. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- 2015 Fitz-Henry, E. Greening the petrochemical State? Between Sumak Kawsay and Energy Sovereignty in Coastal Ecuador. Journal of Latin American and Caribbean Studies 20 (2): 264-284.
- 2015 Gressier, C. At home in The Okavango: White Botswana narratives of emplacement and belonging. New York: Berghahn Books.
- 2015 Meese, J, Nansen, B, Kohn, T, Arnold, M., & Gibbs, M. "Posthumous personhood and the affordances of digital media". Mortality: Special Issue on Death, memory and the human in the internet era, 20 (4): 408-420.
- 2015 McCann, H. “Pantomime dames: Queer femininity versus ‘natural beauty’ in Snog, Marry, Avoid.” Australian Feminist Studies, 30(85): 238-251.
- 2015 Minnegal, M., S. Lefort & P. D. Dwyer. Reshaping the Social: A Comparison of Fasu and Kubo-Febi approaches to incorporating Land Groups. The Asia Pacific Journal of Anthropology 16 (5): 496-513.
- 2015 Dawson A. ‘Mobility’s turns’ Social Anthropology, 23(3).
- 2015 Dawson A. ‘The road to Srebrenica: automobility and belonging in a post-Socialist/war milieu’ Anthropological Notebooks, 21(2).
- 2015 Dalley, C. ‘Love and the stranger: Intimate relationships between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people in a remote Aboriginal town, northern Australia’ The Australian Journal of Anthropology 27.
- 2015 Dalley, C. & Martin R. J. Martin ‘Dichotomous identities? Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people in Australia’ The Australian Journal of Anthropology 27.
- 2014 Dwyer, P.D. & Minnegal, M. "Where all the rivers flow west: Maps, abstraction and change in the Papua New Guinea lowlands". The Australian Journal of Anthropology, 25 (1): 37-53.
- 2014 Perez Hazel, Y. ‘Negotiating the Sensing of Difference: Whiteness, National Identity and Belonging in the Dominican Republic’ in Transforming Anthropology 22 (2): 63-76.