Foster your professional self by accessing tailored training activities. Liaise directly with Faculty of Arts staff to influence and advocate on behalf of other students.
Graduate Ambassadors are offered the opportunity to participate in meaningful, tailored professional development opportunities alongside other groups of student leaders from the Faculty of Arts. Each year, the group is invited to express interest in the types of professional development opportunities that would be particularly useful to them. Opportunities delivered over the past few years have included:
- A "Performance Techniques for Online Confidence" workshop led by a trained actor and radio presenter, teaching student leaders techniques for excelling at online interaction, coordination of meetings, and participatatory confidence
- A seminar on intersectionality in the graduate classroom and beyond led by the Faculty of Arts Teaching Innovation Team
- An immersive presentation on Wurundjeri history and culture led by local elder Uncle Bill Nicholson
- A Diversity and Inclusion panel focussing on resources and community support available for LGBTQIA+ and disabled students
- A workshop on professional event design and coordination led by the Faculty of Arts Engagement Team
- Mental Health first aid training
Participating in professional development activities as a Ambassador allows student leaders a great chance to bolster their professional skill set while completing a graduate course.
Return to the Faculty of Arts Graduate Ambassador homepage.