In 2021, the Faculty of Arts is launching the Student Forum. The Forum will be a formal platform for regular, on-going conversations between students and Faculty staff. The aim of the Forum is to ensure students have input in the Faculty’s priorities and initiatives relating to their academic experience. It will be a way for students to raise matters directly with Faculty leaders, including the Dean, Associate Deans and Heads of School. It will also be an opportunity for students to take on a leadership role and gain insight into how decisions are made at an executive level.
Terms of Reference:
- Ensure student input into the development of Faculty priorities and initiatives relating to the student academic experience
- Provide student insight into existing strategies designed to enhance student academic experience
- Inform Faculty leadership about matters raised by students with respect to their academic experience within and across programs/ disciplines
- Enable a feedback mechanism to students to demonstrate how their input has shaped academic practices within the Faculty
- Offer students a leadership opportunity and firsthand experience of how decisions are made at executive level
- Gain feedback from students through a series of in person and written forums
Download and read the collated feedback gathered from students in 2021 using the link below.
Expression of Interest
In early 2022, the Faculty will be requesting expressions of interest from students who wish to join as a regular Forum participant. An application link will be available at this time.
The organisers will also be seeking applications for the position of Student Lead, who will co-chair the Forum alongside Associate Professor Kate MacNeill. An application link will be available in early 2022.
Raise an issue
Use the Student Forum Feedback Form to provide feedback or raise an issue that you would like to be addressed by the Faculty.
Contact the Forum
You are welcome to email an issue or question at any time to the Forum organisers at email@example.com.