Delivered in partnership with Australian Volunteers International, Community Volunteering Global involves a substantial volunteer experience abroad.
Application and Funding
How To Apply
Step 1: Download the application from The University of Melbourne section of the AVI website.
Step 2: Once completed, send your application form and an up-to-date CV to Christina Leahy, Student Program Coordinator at AVI. Christina can be contacted at CVC_global@avi.org.au
Step 3: Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a formal interview. Selection into the program is subject to a National Police Check, medical check and satisfactory completion of the pre-departure program through AVI and the University.
New Colombo Plan (Funding)
The New Colombo Plan (NCP) is a government administered scholarship for study carried out in the Asia Pacific region. The university secures a number of these scholarships for students undertaking Community Volunteering Global.
By Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade criteria, to be eligible you must:
- Be an Australian citizen, aged between 18 and 28 (as at 1 January 2018)
- Be in at least your second year of undergraduate study
- Have an academic average of at least 70% (including results from Semester 2, 2017)
For more information please see the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program web page.
In Community Volunteering Global, the university applies for these scholarships on behalf of the student.
If you have received an NCP grant, you are still eligible to apply for the following funds:
- Lin Martin Melbourne Global Scholarship: The Lin Martin Melbourne Global Scholarship requires evidence of social, educational or financial disadvantage. More information...
- Melbourne Mobility Excellence Award: The Melbourne Mobility Excellence Award has only one round per year, and the next round closes on 31 May 2018. More information...
- OS-HELP Loans
The faculty also has money set aside to assist students undertaking exchange or study overseas. Please contact academic staff to enquire about this.
|Information sessions|| Tuesday 6 March 2018, 10am - 11am|
Room 257, Old Arts (Building 149)
| Thursday 8 March 2018, 10am - 11am|
Room 239, North Theatre Old Arts (Building 149)
|Application open and close dates|| Open: March 8 2018|
Close: March 23 2018 (EOD)
|Interviews conducted||April 3-6 2018|
|Orientation Session and Pre-departure Briefing||May 17 2018|
|Project dates (the time you are in country)||June 24 - July 22 2018|
|Re-entry sessions||July 24 2018|
|Class presentation||tbc (half day session)|