Delivered in partnership with Australian Volunteers International and Challenges Abroad, Community Volunteering Global involves a substantial volunteer experience abroad.
- Program Information
How To Apply
Step 1: Review the information on this website regarding programs and funding.
Step 2: Apply using the online application form before midnight on 16 April 2019.
Step 3: Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a formal interview. Selection into the program is subject to a National Police Check, medical check and satisfactory completion of the pre-departure program through AVI and the University.
New Colombo Plan (Funding)
The New Colombo Plan (NCP) is a government administered scholarship for study carried out in the Asia Pacific region. The university secures a number of these scholarships for students undertaking Community Volunteering Global.
By Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade criteria, to be eligible you must:
- have been nominated for the NCP Scholarship Program by their Home University
- be an Australian citizen
- not be a current or previous citizen or permanent resident of their Primary Location or any Secondary Location
- be enrolled, until completion of all Study Components, in at least one Bachelor Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree unit at an on-shore campus of an Australian University
- be undertaking, until completion of all Study Components, at least one Bachelor Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree
- be between 18 and 28 years of age (inclusive) on 1 January 2020
- have achieved a minimum 70 per cent graded average or equivalent for their undergraduate course at the time of Application, as determined by the nominating Home University; and
- not be a previous recipient of a Scholarship under the NCP Scholarship Program
For more information please see the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program web page.
In Community Volunteering Global, the university applies for these scholarships on behalf of the student.
If you have received an NCP grant, you are still eligible to apply for the following funds:
- Lin Martin Melbourne Global Scholarship: The Lin Martin Melbourne Global Scholarship requires evidence of social, educational or financial disadvantage. More information...
- Melbourne Mobility Excellence Award: The Melbourne Mobility Excellence Award has only one round per year, and the next round opens on 1 January 2019. More information...
- OS-HELP Loans
The faculty also has money set aside to assist students undertaking exchange or study overseas. Please contact academic staff to enquire about this.
|Applications Open||18th March 2019|
|Applications Close||16th April 2019|