Australian Institute of Art History research grants
The Australian Institute of Art History is funding the following research grants in partnership with the Art Association of Australia and New Zealand.
These research grants have been funded by the Australian Institute of Art History and are being offered in partnership with the Art Association of Australia and New Zealand.
Eligibility and selection criteria
There are four categories of eligibility. To be eligible for this research grant, you need to be:
1/ an art historian or PhD student in Art History in one of the following categories:
- Institutional art historian (ie working in an academic or cultural institution such as a university, art museum, public library, etc.)
- Independent art historian
- Emerging art historian (PhD student or Early Career Researcher in Art History, ie PhD granted no earlier than 2014)
- Indigenous Australian, New Zealand Maori or Pasifika art historian
2/ currently a member of the Art Association of Australia and New Zealand (AAANZ).
- Academic merit of project
- Track record and capacity of applicant
Recipients are required to:
- Accept the award online within 7 working days
- Expend all funds within 12 months of receipt unless permission has been granted by the selection committee
- Submit a final report
Number of scholarships awarded
Ten research grants of $5,000 each.
Eligible applicants must submit:
- A short Curriculum Vitae (CV) of one page
- A description of 300-500 words outlining the project to be undertaken, the resources needed, and the importance of the work to be done
- A budget (one page)
- Two academic references (names and contact details)
How to apply?
Applications open: 1 September 202
Applications close: Friday 2 October 2020
Online entries submitted to: email@example.com
When will I know the outcome?
Details of announcement of grants – TBC